2010- 2011 LOCAL MAC ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS:
RACE TO NOWHERE , the award winning film will be shown in CT at select locations. Visit the film’s website for free Tickets at http://www.racetonowhere.com/screenings. CEA will be sponsoring a screening event at Connecticut college in new london the evening of decmeber 2, 2010. AGAIN, check online for any available free tickets.
NEA’S 3-1(g) UNIVERSITY RECOGNIZES CEA FOR ITS 2010 BRIGHT SPOT: EMI AWARDS FROM THE 3-1(g) PLAN OF 2010. EMI Awards – August 2010
CEA’S ASK ME ABOUT 3-(1) G BUTTONS were also recognized and were adopted to be a national campaign to promote the 3-1(g) goals.
2010-2011 Local MAC Activities and Events
All NEA Danbury Members – especially ethnic minority members
- WHAT: A planning meeting to establish a NEA/Danbury Ethnic Minority Affairs Committee
- WHEN: September 29, 2010 at 3:45 pm
- WHERE: Two Steps Downtown Grille/ 2nd Floor 5 Ives St., Danbury, CT 06810 203-794-0032
- WHY ATTEND: CEA/ Minority Affairs Commission believes all students should have a quality education. Many issues impact our efforts- the achievement gap, high school drop rate, and the absence of effective strategies needed to address these issues. Your voice is needed. Everyone is welcome!
- HOSTED BY: CEA/MINORITY AFFAIRS COMMISSION AND NEA DANBURY
Refreshments will be served. RSVP: Email Kim Smith – email@example.com by September 27th
Questions?? Contact Jeff Forzani- firstname.lastname@example.org
2009-2010 Local MAC Activities and Events
1) Greenwich & Stamford Education Associations
Meet & Greet Social
Appetizers, Cash Bar, Wine Tasting Ticket Give Away
February 11, 2010 – 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Zody’s 19th Hole 451 Stillwater Road Stamford, CT
RSVP GEA Office 203-869-2864 or SEA Office 203-324-2602
2) Bridgeport Education Association
Local MAC Social
March 19, 2010
Vassy’s – 4:00-6:30 p.m.
$7.00 per person
Contact: Ana Gonzalez Batista (email@example.com)